For the past almost-decade, I’ve been a digital product designer and front-end developer for clients ranging from first-time entrepreneurs forging out on their own, to young and bootstrapped startups, to established companies that want to try out new methods and solutions. I enjoy working on projects that have a purpose, more so if that purpose is to provide a bit of fun and joy, and to do it in an effective, efficient, and lighthearted manner.
Past titles I’ve held include the intern, sign maker, co-op, consultant, and design director. Currently, I'm building tools at Iterable.
Get in touch via email or on Twitter. 😁👋🏼
From a Daily Chore to the Daily Driver
A case study on redesigning an existing mobile app for better user engagement in emerging markets.
Diverging, Converging, and Building
A case study on managing a multifaceted product redesign, with designers leading ideation and implementation.
Starting with the Essentials
A case study about a scrappy team taking an idea to version 1, and then to version 2.
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
My learnings and reflections from my time as a design director.
As a product designer, the most important questions aren’t about how something looks or even how it should best work, but more basic—does this idea make sense as a product? Would people use it and why? Sometimes, a successful engagement together means that we realize our ideas need more thought or were possibly invalidated. Other times, we find a diamond in the rough and we’re off and running to chisel it out. Regardless of the outcome, below are some other notable projects I’ve been a part of.
- Designed, prototyped, and tested (with primary school students) an educational game built around UK’s curriculum and learning objectives and materials.
- Helped refined a popular food-catering platform, building trust and confidence in the app and improving conversions by streamlining the checkout flow.
- Prototyped management software for smarter "Internet-of-Things" golf courses.
- Worked on a real estate management platform that utilized natural-language parsing to help agents keep track and maintain their high-value deals and contacts.
- Contributed to the design and launch of an activity-tracking app that rewards people for steps they've taken, while also donating money to some great causes.
Thanks for taking the time and reading 😊
View this site's repo on Github.