For the past almost-decade, I’ve been a digital product designer and front-end developer for clients ranging from first-time entrepreneurs forging out on their own, to young and bootstrapped startups, to established companies that want to try out new methods and solutions. I enjoy working on projects that have a purpose, more so if that purpose is to provide a bit of fun and joy, and to do it in an effective, efficient, and lighthearted manner. Past titles I’ve held include the intern, sign maker, co-op, consultant, and the catch-all "the designer". Most recently, I was the Design Director at thoughtbot in Boston before packing everything up to try the digital nomad thing.
Get in touch via email or message me on Twitter. My resume is also available.
I'm currently open for remote-based opportunities.
From a Daily Chore to the Daily Driver
A case study on redesigning an existing mobile app for better user engagement in emerging markets.
Diverging, Converging, and Building
A case study on managing a multifaceted product redesign, with designers leading ideation and implementation.
Starting with the Essentials
A case study about a scrappy team taking an idea to version 1, and then to version 2.
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
My learnings and reflections from my time as a design director.
As a product designer, the most important questions aren’t about how something looks or even how it should best work, but more basic—does this idea make sense as a product? Would people use it and why? Sometimes, a successful engagement together means that we realize our ideas need more thought or were possibly invalidated. Other times, we find a diamond in the rough and we’re off and running to chisel it out. Regardless of the outcome, below are some other notable projects I’ve been a part of.
- Designed, prototyped, and tested (with primary school students) an educational game built around UK’s curriculum and learning objectives and materials.
- Helped refined a popular food-catering platform, building trust and confidence in the app and improving conversions by streamlining the checkout flow.
- Prototyped management software for smarter "Internet-of-Things" golf courses.
- Worked on a real estate management platform that utilized natural-language parsing to help agents keep track and maintain their high-value deals and contacts.
- Contributed to the design and launch of an activity-tracking app that rewards people for steps they've taken, while also donating money to some great causes.
Thanks for taking the time and reading 😊
View this site's repo on Github.